POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tommy : Tommy Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Tommy
From: Peter Cracknell
Date: 5 Jun 2000 16:59:22
Message: <393c14aa@news.povray.org>
I got bored and wanted to model something new, something fresh (no pun
intended) and though the structure isn't that complex thought that it would
be quite a task for myself, which it was the main being making good glass.
I hope to eventually put water into it, but I can't be bothered at the
moment its not top of the priorities.  My major aim is to get the glass
looking good, I taught myself the basics of photons, got bored waiting for
low res, low quality test renders with little difference and gave up (though
I know how nice they can be!!).  Anyway I've just looked back my texture was
ior 1.5 (is that good or bad?), pure white (ie full colour) and filter 0.85
(I wanted to actually see it, was this a good idea), transparency 0 (I dont
understand the different between filter and transparency), ambience 0.6
(though the glass in the library had this on 0, I thought that looked silly)
diffuse 0 etc etc.  Anytips on improving the texture and/or the 5 hour
rendering time (at 800*600).  All comments appreciated

Peter Cracknell

www.petecracknell.co.uk

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: